Lucie Baker Dance
Since my last post there have been many comings and goings. I performed an excerpt of Jane Comfort's Beauty at the Joyce and at Steel Stacks in June while squeezing in a trip to San Deigo and Seattle. In July I performed with Erica Essner on the lovely Inside/Out stage at Jacob's Pillow. Half of August was spent in Croatia and half gearing up for the premiere of Project RUIN which is quickly approaching. Most recently I performed with both Jane and Erica in the same night at Joe's Pub as a part of DanceNOW on September 7th.
Coming up you can see me dance with
Annika Sheaff at 7:30 on September 18th
Dixon Place 161A Chrystie St, New York
and, of course, my baby,
October 17th - 20th
Center for Performance Research
361 Manhattan Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11211
Tickets are $20 each and may be purchased online at www.brownpapertickets.com
Seating is limited. For information regarding tickets call Center for Performance Research at 718.349.1210
Join us for a reception opening night. www.projectruin.com
One Set. One Cast. Two Choreographers. Two entirely different works.
Project RUIN: Reconstructing Collaboration.
So! This year is starting off with a bang. I am performing in 5 different shows between now and February 7th. I hope you can make it to one of them. My biggest project at the moment is the show I am producing with Carlye Eckert entitled RUIN. It is set to premiere in October of the new year. You can check out the RUIN page or go to projectruin.com for more information. Let's hear it for 2012! Cheers everyone.
1. Studio Showing of my current choreographic endeavor, RUIN, at Velocity Dance Center, 1621 12th Ave, Seattle WA 98122 Seattle, Wa December 30th 6:30pm. Free! www.projectruin.com and velocitydancecenter.org for more information.
2. APAP Showings with Jane Comfort and Company January 7th and 9th at 11:15am at City Center Studio 4, New York. Free 15 minute showings! 131 W 55th St (btwn 6th & 7th) New York, NY www.janecomfortandcompany.org
3. FLIC Fest at the Irondale Center in Brooklyn with Erica Essner January 19th 7:30pm. 85 S Oxford St, Brooklyn, NY. Tickets $25 www.eecop.org
4. The Field's Emerging Artist Residency Showcase including excerpts of RUIN January 23rd at 7:30pm at The Kitchen 512 W19th St. in NYC. Tickets $15. http://www.thefield.org/p-797-emerging-artist-residency-showcase-winter-2012.aspx
5. UnderExposed at Dixon Place with Annika Sheaff February 7th at 7:30pm. Tickets $10. www.dixonplace.org